Fundraising is essential for a small charity like Mindspace. We are extremely grateful to our supporters who not only give their financial support to Mindspace, but also their valuable time and commitment.
Please contact Alex to discuss your fundraising ideas - email@example.com
Here are some Fundraising Tips to help ensure your efforts are rewarded!
What’s your event?
- Choose an event that you will enjoy doing, as this will make the experience more fun for you.
- Register your event
- We do ask that you register your event or activity with us. This way we can keep a track of who is doing what and how we can support you effectively
Plan, Plan, Plan
- Write a timeline to help you plan the run up to your event
- Set a date – double check that it doesn’t clash with any other events in your area or national, school or religious holidays
- Choose a date that gives you lots of time to prepare
Location, Location, Location
- Pick a venue – is it available on your desired date? Check well in advance to avoid disappointment
- Is a deposit or hire charge required? Sometimes venues offer discounts for charity events or even let you use the facilities for free; so don’t be afraid to ask.
- Is the venue suitable for the event? Does it have appropriate facilities? e.g. disabled access, toilets, cooking facilities etc
Need a friend?
- Think about how much help you will need and enlist your friends, family or colleagues
- Allocate specific jobs to your helpers in advance – use their skills and knowledge
Money, Money, Money
- Set a budget
- Make sure your fundraising goal is achievable but set your sights high. Stay focused on your target amount! Some events require a little bit of expenditure
- Make sure that you are aiming to raise at least three times as much as you need to spend
Shout about it!
- Send out invites to friends, family, colleagues and local businesses
- Promote your event through posters and leaflets in your local area
- Contact your local press, radio or television with a press release
- Spread the word online – Twitter / Facebook / Youtube / Vimeo
- Will you need to get a licence for alcohol / raffles etc? – contact local council
- What equipment will you need? Sound system, microphone,TV, projector?
- Write a timetable or checklist of what needs to be done on the day
- Do you need a float of small change?
- Brief your helpers on their roles during the event
- Give your helpers background information about Mindspace so that they are able to answer questions they may be asked by guests.
- Take lots of photographs
- Enjoy yourself!
- Pay us your money!
- Contact Mindspace telling us how your event went and send us some of your event photos, we would love to see them and add them to our website
- Thank you - remember to thank your helpers, supporters, suppliers and venue especially if they have given up their free time to help you.
- Contact your local newspapers again to see if they would like to do a follow up story and run a photograph. It’s also the perfect excuse to tell the world how your event went and how much you raised
- Take a break and plan your next fundraising venture!