Starts Thursday 17th March at 1.30 – 3.00pm and lasts for 6 weeks.
In connection with Perth Grammar School, held at Riverside Church.
The Riverside Parents Group consists of 6 sessions over 6 weeks, it incorporates the components of the therapy called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT for short). The course is for anyone who struggles with depression, anxiety, low mood, racing thoughts and just a general struggle with life events.
Over the 6 weeks, we will look at the 6 components that make up Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in-depth, these are;
- Defusion (Developing the skill to let go of unhelpful thinking)
- Acceptance (Being able to acknowledge what has or is happening)
- Contact with the present moment. (This is a mindfulness skill to focus on the present which is the only reality we truly have)
- The Observing Self (Learning to be aware of the life story about ourselves we create and then believe it all)
- Values (These are like a compass that create a direction we which to go in life)
- Committed action (Being able to bring action into your life rather than just thinking about it)
We use a selection of videos and open discussions in a safe and non-judgemental environment to reinforce the subject matter of the course.
Book your place by visiting our Course Booking Page.