Understanding Depression is an opportunity to discuss in a group setting what depression means to you and how it impacts your life or those around you.
What is involved?
Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease your ability to function at work and home.
Depression symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:
• Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
• Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
• Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
• Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
• Loss of energy or increased fatigue
• Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., inability to sit still, pacing, handwringing) or slowed movements or speech (these actions must be severe enough to be observable by others)
• Feeling worthless or guilty
• Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
• Thoughts of death or suicide
This two-session course discuss the causes and treatment for depression, in a non-judgemental space where you can raise any concerns or just talk about your experiences.
Who is it for?
Anyone who would like to know more about this mental health condition.
When is it?
Thursday 23rd March 2023
2.00pm – 3.30pm
For 2 sessions
18 – 20 York Place
Perth PH2 8EH
This course is completely FREE!