Mindspace is passionate about mental health and the promotion of self-management. The addition of our Peer Support Hub enables us further this passion within the wider community.
Mindspace Peer Support Hub provides side-by-side support to people living with, or experiencing, mental health difficulties. Our community one-to-one based service is delivered through a blend of one-to-one peer support and/or group activities with an emphasis on supporting and promoting hope, confidence, life skills, connections, independence and relationships.
At the same time, developing and sustaining meaningful, productive and enriched lives within the community.
We offer peer support in Perth, Kinross, Crieff, Blairgowrie, Auchterarder and Pitlochry.
Here’s a short video explaining more about peer support and our service!
What is Mindspace Peer Support?
Peer support is neither mentoring nor befriending but a belief that anyone, with the right support, can live a fulfilled life.
At Mindspace, our peer support workers use and share their personal experiences, focusing on building relationships within a safe learning environment. Both parties have an opportunity to learn from and support each other, focusing on respect, strengths, empathy and hope, with everyone honoured as an expert within their wellbeing and recovery.
Peer support can be described as help and support from people who have, or are, working through mental health difficulties and using that experience plus their recovery journey to support others.
- All Mindspace Peer Support Workers have completed SCQF Level 7, Professional Development Award in Mental Health Peer Support and are PVG checked.
- It is our aim to match the needs of people referred with the diverse experiences of our peer support workers (experiences, interests, hobbies, skills, availability, etc.)
What does Mindspace Peer Support offer?
We can provide support to:
- Manage emotional and psychological challenges
- Explore connections within the community
- Access education, training, volunteering and work
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Access financial advice and support
- Access childcare advice
- Access work experience
- Access supported employment opportunities